Saturday, January 13, 2007

Short Treo Antenna

I know, I know, the Apple iPhone announcement is all the rage this week. Yea, yea, yea. Interesting. Lots of potential. But I'm still not convinced, and I still love my Treo and PalmOS.

So, if you have a Treo 650 or 700 and, like me, are jealous of the "look ma, no external antenna" look of the Treo 680, then TreoAntenna.com has just what you need:

I have one of these on my Treo 650, and love it. I notice an ever-so-slight decrease in signal strength in weak signal areas, but not enough of a decrease to go back to the stock antenna. Installation is a breeze.

There is a very long thread on the short antenna over at TreoCentral, with participation by the guy making and selling them. There is also a very nice review that was just posted to MyTreo.net that is worth a read - much more detail than here in this post.

There! Now the iPhone feeding frenzy can resume. I feel better

No comments: